Recently received many patients consulting found kidney cyst misdiagnosis situation not uncommon, therefore the author introduce the problems related to the kidney cyst. In fact, many diseases caused by kidney cyst, most are benign, there are a few are malignant. Only a few of them are polycystic kidney.
1. isolated renal cyst: the most common clinical, only inpidual kidney cyst, the best prognosis, but the cause is difficult to determine, once part had a kidney stone blocking the calyces export caused, generally only observed only in more than 10 cm or infection and hemorrhage before puncture treatment. Attention to prevention and treatment of kidney stones, if is caused by the obstruction, just to find out why stones, stones are the most common cause of hyperlithuria (not necessarily the blood uric acid, blood uric acid, or even lower) hypercalciuria, or hyperoxaluria, the disease can damage another kidney caused by kidney damage, including focuses on the prevention of hyperuricosuria, adhere to exercise every day, do not eat offal, shrimp, crab, asparagus, bamboo shoots, spinach, leek, broccoli, spinach, don't drink beer. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
2. multiple renal cysts: clinical rare, cause many, often misdiagnosed as polycystic kidney. But multiple renal cysts are generally not more than 5 of a renal cyst, this is the biggest difference with polycystic kidney disease. The need to check the progress of diagnosis and prevention. Most of etiological factors of unknown etiology, general just observe, only in more than 10 cm or too superficial due to trauma, infection or bleeding before treatment. There is no effective drugs for the treatment of puncture, do not be deceived. Minority is the same as the above mentioned isolated renal cyst, because stones cause, there is no longer the fan.
3. congenital renal dysplasia: clinical often misdiagnosed as polycystic kidney disease, the misdiagnosis should not, because the majority of congenital renal dysplasia is unilateral, although a few patients of renal damage, but with a significant expansion of the renal pelvis and calyces as features, which is not characteristic of polycystic kidney.
4. polycystic kidney disease: a congenital disease, compared to the first three kind of renal cyst is rare, there are definitely more than 5, each kidney cyst and cyst is absolutely not the same size, which is the cyst, there are many small cysts. With a significant expansion of the renal pelvis and calyces are characterized this is the difference with the above described congenital renal dysplasia. Most of polycystic kidney into renal failure uremia after 50 years old. There is no effective treatment, although a small number of doctors showed a low protein diet and RAS inhibitor can slow down its development, but the lack of sufficient evidence..5. renal cysts presenting as cysts: B-mode ultrasonography and CT are very easy to identify. If so, the oncologist must be treated
6. familial nephronophthisis: a congenital disease, but not in the family of all diseases, rare. Most showed proteinuria and hyponatremia in childhood, often misdiagnosed as chronic nephritis. Ultrasound or CT showed multiple renal cyst and polycystic kidney, easily confused, but the disease number in childhood will enter uremia, that is more serious than that of polycystic kidney, polycystic kidney in general after 50 years before entering the uremia.
7. medullary sponge kidney: a congenital disease is rare, ultrasound or CT showed renal medullary cysts, often misdiagnosed as polycystic kidney. But the b-doctor really experienced it is easy to see, most enters uremia in childhood.
8. renal pelvis lymph cyst: when it is big, it will oppress the assembly system, cause obstruction, and severe renal failure, and need surgical treatment